How-To: Send money with Interac e-Transfer
How do you send money with Interac e-Transfer? You and the recipient each need your own:
- Account with a participating bank or credit union
- Active email address or mobile phone number
To send, follow the easy-to-use instructions on screen:
- Log into your online or mobile banking app and select the account.
- Choose or add your recipient’s email or mobile number.
- Enter the amount and a security question (no need if the recipient has registered for Interac e-Transfer® Autodeposit).
That’s all. Just make sure you safely share the security answer with your recipient. Better yet, have your recipient register for Interac e-Transfer Autodeposit for ease and added security. (When sending to the CVHS, you do NOT need to supply a question and answer, as we have auto-deposit set up.)