Gardens in Bloom Grant Guide & Application
The Comox Valley Horticultural Society (CVHS) Gardens in Bloom program provides funding to assist
local organizations to develop, share, expand or inspire horticultural activities in the Comox Valley.
Form should be mailed to: P.O. Box 3443, Station Main, Courtenay, BC. V9N 5N5.
TIME LINE FOR 2020 GRANT APPLICATIONS
Application submission deadline is March 7, 2020;
- After review of eligible applications, funding decisions will be made and all applicants will be
notified by March 22, 2020.
- Grant recipients, or their representatives, are invited to attend the CVHS March 23, 2020
meeting to accept their cheques.
- Project completion deadline is February 28, 2021.
- Non-Profit organizations
- Community groups
- Please Note: Commercial operations and members of the Gardens in Bloom Funding Committee are
not eligible to apply
(may include but not limited to)
- Community Garden development
- How-To demonstrations
- Therapeutic gardens
- Mentoring programs
- Group education and awareness activities
- Community enhancement
All grant applications will be initially screened for the following Mandatory Selection criteria:
- The completed Grant Application Form and supporting documentation have been submitted on
or before the February 29, 2020 deadline
- The Applicant, Project and Anticipated Costs are all eligible as defined in this Guide.
- The Evaluation Process will rate how each project measures up to the following OBJECTIVES:
- To increase engagement in local gardening;
- To increase gardening knowledge and skills;
- To increase the awareness of health and economic benefits of gardening
- To increase the awareness of ecological and environmental impact of gardening
- To provide individual or group gardening educational opportunities
- To utilize or expand on existing community resources and initiatives.
- Hiring or subcontracting garden experts
- Communication and promotional expenses
- Materials and supplies
- Workshop/ Course costs
- Speaker fees
- Venue or equipment rentals
- Financing charges, Bank fees.
- Loan payments, Legal fees, Property Taxes
- Gifts, Incentives, Permits or Approvals
- Expenses incurred before March 23, 2020 or projected for post completion deadline of February 28,2021
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a final assessment report, including photographs if
applicable, upon completion of their approved project, by February 28, 2021.
- Grant recipients will be required to sign a Letter of Understanding, of funding terms and conditions.