Gardens in Bloom Grant Guide & Application
MARCH 23, 2019: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic concerns and restrictions, the Gardens in Bloom Committee were unable to finalize Grant Funding decisions or be in contact with all the Grant Applications that we had received, by the March 22 deadline.
We will be completing this process by the end of March, latest, and we thank you for your patience and understanding during these difficult times.
Dee Horie Chair GIB 2019
The Comox Valley Horticultural Society (CVHS) Gardens in Bloom program provides funding to assist
local organizations to develop, share, expand or inspire horticultural activities in the Comox Valley.
TIME LINE FOR 2020 GRANT APPLICATIONS
Application submission deadline is March 7, 2020;
- After review of eligible applications, funding decisions will be made and all applicants will be
notified by March 31, 2020.
- Project completion deadline is October 31, 2021.
- Non-Profit organizations
- Community groups
- Please Note: Commercial operations and members of the Gardens in Bloom Funding Committee are
not eligible to apply
(may include but not limited to)
- Community Garden development
- How-To demonstrations
- Therapeutic gardens
- Mentoring programs
- Group education and awareness activities
- Community enhancement
All grant applications will be initially screened for the following Mandatory Selection criteria:
- The completed Grant Application Form and supporting documentation have been submitted on
or before the February 29, 2020 deadline
- The Applicant, Project and Anticipated Costs are all eligible as defined in this Guide.
- The Evaluation Process will rate how each project measures up to the following OBJECTIVES:
- To increase engagement in local gardening;
- To increase gardening knowledge and skills;
- To increase the awareness of health and economic benefits of gardening
- To increase the awareness of ecological and environmental impact of gardening
- To provide individual or group gardening educational opportunities
- To utilize or expand on existing community resources and initiatives.
- Hiring or subcontracting garden experts
- Communication and promotional expenses
- Materials and supplies
- Workshop/ Course costs
- Speaker fees
- Venue or equipment rentals
- Financing charges, Bank fees.
- Loan payments, Legal fees, Property Taxes
- Gifts, Incentives, Permits or Approvals
- Expenses incurred before March 31, 2020 or projected for post completion deadline of October 31, 2021
- Grant recipients will be required to submit a final assessment report, including photographs if
applicable, upon completion of their approved project, by October 31, 2021.
- Grant recipients will be required to sign a Letter of Understanding, of funding terms and conditions.