All CVHS Meetings, Workshops and Events cancelled due to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 15, 2020:
- The situation regarding COVID-19 has federal and provincial Health authorities recommending that no large gatherings be held while the threat of spreading the virus is present. Although the Provincial Health Authority has set a mandatory ban on gatherings of 250 or more participants, we recognize that the virus knows no limits and have decided to err on the side of caution. Without being able to predict the potential spread of COVID-19 in our area, the Board of the CVHS has cancelled all Board and General Meetings until further notice. Please note that this includes the April members’ plant sale and will likely include the Spring Plant Sale typically held in early May. We will reschedule upcoming workshops as appropriate.
- We will continue to communicate through the monthly Newsletters and with updates on our electronic sites (web page, FaceBook and Instagram). If you have any questions or concerns please contact me (info@comoxvalleyhortsociety.
ca) and remember to put “President” in the subject line.
- For those members who have purchased memberships online or via mail and requested that they be picked up at the March meeting, these will be mailed out to you. Remember that you can continue to receive a discount using your membership card at participating retailers as you prepare for Spring planting.
For more information on COVID-19 please visit the following sites:
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.
- Centre for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
- BC Centre for Disease Control: http://www.bccdc.ca/
about/news-stories/stories/ 2020/information-on-novel- coronavirus
- Health Canada: https://www.canada.ca/
en/public-health/services/ diseases/2019-novel- coronavirus-infection.html
Please use this time to get out into your gardens and get some serious biophilia happening!
Happy gardening and stay healthy!
Comox Valley Horticultural Society