June 18, 2018: Joan Wynden – “Practical Permaculture”
July, 2018: NO MEETING – we’re gardening!
August 20, 2018: Peter B. Janes – “Unusual Edibles”, TreeEater Farm and Nursery.
September 17, 2018: Conway Lum – Topic: TBD
- Join us for an evening with BC Home and Garden Show speaker (and all-round dynamo) Conway Lum. Conway has been a recipient of the “Garden Communicator of the Year Award” by the BC Landscape and Nursery Association (BCLNA). He is a contributor to the “Ask-the-Pro” column in BC Living (Garden Wise) Magazine. He is currently serving on the provincial certification committee for the BCLNA and Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association (CNLA).
Conway will also be running two workshops for members on the day of his talk. Workshops will be talks given outside, in a TBD members garden.
October 15, 2018: Fall Soil Social Event – Come soil yourself with the CVHS!
- End the CVHS year on an informative and fun note! Our most requested topic is compost and soil amendments, so we are gathering a variety of experts to present their ideas and products to you at one-on-one level. Presented in a “mini trade show” format, members will be free to roam table to table asking questions and taking notes. There will be products available for purchase.
- There will be no speaker this evening, but there will be some quick official AGM business.
- Confirmed participants (more to come!):
- Welcome Harvest Farm (organic fertilizers)
- SpeediBin Composter
- The Organic Gardener’s Pantry (Effective Microorganisms and organic fertilizers)
Past Speakers Archive:
Here is a list of speakers we have enjoyed in the past….
- May 28, 2018: Connie Kuramoto – “Plan your winter garden now!
- April 16th, 2018 – David Polster: ‘Natural Processes for the Restoration of Drastically Disturbed Sites’
- March 19th, 2018 – Zac Kregosky: ‘Xeriscape’
- February 19th, 2018 – Chanchal Cabrera: “Ethnobotany of Tribal People in Southern India”
- January 15, 2018: Carolyn Herriot “Natural Pest & Disease Control in the garden”
- Zac Kregosky – Xeriscaping
- June 19th, 2017: Lynda Smith ‘Preserving the Harvest’
- May15th, 2017: Peggy Carswell & Kel Kelly “Back from the Brink”
- April 24, 2017: Lynda Smith “Lawn to Food”
- March 20, 2017: Lynda Smith “Gardening with Kids”