September 16th, 2019 – Roger Griffiths will be presenting on the Channel Islands and the Keukenhof Gardens in Holland, and will be talking about tulips. Also, Members Competition of Garden Produce.
As the garden season is well under way, here are the categories for the September members competition of garden produce:
- Largest – pumpkin, squash, parsnip, leek, onion, cabbage, potato, beet, carrot and cucumber
- Longest – parsnip, leek, carrot, runner bean and cucumber
- Gnarliest/Most Contorted – potato, beet, carrot and cucumber
- Most Unusual – something not typically grown here in the Comox Valley, or some common vegetable that just grew differently.
Competitors: Please arrive at 6:00 pm to set up your display.
Doors: Will open at 6:30 pm for members (non-competitors) and public drop-ins. Viewing and judging will continue until 7:30 pm.
Competition Results, Door Prize and 50/50 will occur after the speaker has finished.
October 21st, 2019 – AGM & Members displays of garden hobbies, crafts, art, preserves, slides, etc.
Past Speakers Archive:
Here is a list of speakers we have enjoyed in the past….
- August 19th, 2019 – Margot Moser: Hellebores
- June 17, 2019 – Bob Duncan: “Growing Citrus & Sub-tropical Fruit Trees in South Coastal BC”
- May 27th, 2019 – Royann Petrell: Gardening for Birds
- April 15th, 2019 – Dr. Staffan Lindgren: “Pollinators in your Garden – Not just bees”
- March 18th, 2019 – Donna Balzar: Growing Under Cover
- February 25th, 2019 – Aaron Wurts: Tree Stewardship, maintenance strategies, spiral pruning and topping.
- January 21st, 2019: Laurene Ebbett ‘Gardens of the Lakes District, Wales and Ireland’
- October 15, 2018: Fall Soil Social Event – Come soil yourself with the CVHS!
- September 17th, 2018: Conway Lum – ‘Growing Fruit Trees Organically’
- August 20th: Peter B. Janes – “Unusual Edibles”, TreeEater Farm and Nursery