October 15, 2018: Fall Soil Social Event – Come soil yourself with the CVHS!
- End the CVHS year on an informative and fun note! Our most requested topic is compost and soil amendments, so we are gathering a variety of experts to present their ideas and products to you at one-on-one level. Presented in a “mini trade show” format, members will be free to roam table to table asking questions and taking notes. There will be products available for purchase.
- There will be no speaker this evening, but there will be some quick official AGM business.
- Confirmed participants (more to come!):
- Welcome Harvest Farm (organic fertilizers)
- SpeediBin Composter
- The Organic Gardener’s Pantry (Effective Microorganisms and organic fertilizers)
Past Speakers Archive:
Here is a list of speakers we have enjoyed in the past….
- September 17th, 2018: Conway Lum – ‘Growing Fruit Trees Organically’
- August 20th: Peter B. Janes – “Unusual Edibles”, TreeEater Farm and Nursery
- June 18th, 2018: Joan Wynden – ‘Practical Permaculture’
- May 28, 2018: Connie Kuramoto – “Plan your winter garden now!
- April 16th, 2018 – David Polster: ‘Natural Processes for the Restoration of Drastically Disturbed Sites’
- March 19th, 2018 – Zac Kregosky: ‘Xeriscape’
- February 19th, 2018 – Chanchal Cabrera: “Ethnobotany of Tribal People in Southern India”
- January 15, 2018: Carolyn Herriot “Natural Pest & Disease Control in the garden”
- Zac Kregosky – Xeriscaping
- June 19th, 2017: Lynda Smith ‘Preserving the Harvest’