General Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month, with some exceptions:
- May’s General Meeting is held on the fourth Monday when the Victoria Day stat holiday falls on the third Monday.
- There are no meetings in July, November, or December.
Unless specifically noted, all meetings are held in the Conference Hall, upper level at the Florence Filberg Centre, 411 Anderton Avenue, Courtenay, BC.
Meet ‘n’ Greet begins at 6:45 p.m., unless otherwise noted due to a special event planned for a meeting. Announcements and Club business starts promptly at 7:30 p.m. The Guest Speaker presentation follows. The meeting wraps up at about 9:00 p.m. after the Guest Speaker question period.
Every meeting includes the following features (unless specifically omitted):
- The PROGRAM features guest speakers who share their expertise in a particular field, most typically through a slide presentation.
- Our MASTER GARDENERS are in attendance at each meeting to answer all your gardening questions.
- Our OPPORTUNITY TABLE has items for sale such as plants, seeds, books, and magazines.
- The GROW ‘n SHOW TABLE features something new, unusual or gorgeous growing in members’ gardens.
- The INFORMATION TABLE always has the latest information of interest to gardeners in the Comox Valley.
- Our LIBRARY has many, many books on a variety of topics of interest to gardeners which can be borrowed at each meeting by CVHS members.